Saturday, January 14, 2006

Words from a Wise Sage

Grandpa Eddie and I hung out for a while in Vegas. We discussed the finer points of old Vegas burlesque shows, the six pack, hanging out on Fremont street back in the 40's and how the whole thing has gone to hell in a handbasket since the good ole days. Although I didn't hear him complain too much about the view from our room or the $40/head buffet at the Wynn.

I walked away from our convo like a young Jedi Knight filled with sage advice like, "always look for a good long shot" or "don't bet on the best odds horse, its like moving money from one pocket to another."
I'll look back on my days out west fondly. And as I look to the east toward home, I know when my turn comes to hit the strip, I'll reflect back on my quiet moments with Grandpa and look for that winning $2 bet just like he use to make.

NLC

No comments: