Monday, November 21, 2005

Green Eggs and Spam

This truly was a watershed moment for me - today was my first breakfast at Round Hill Diner. The epicenter of all that is good in the culinary world. Eggs, a plethora of meat products, including Daddy's local fav, scrapple....pancakes, home fries, toast....did I mention eggs? Well the menu may not be extensive but the atmosphere is just right and the food is "prepared" just like mamma use to make it.

Daddy marked this momentous occasion with a camera-phone snap of me next to his worked-over, yokey plate - a real statement I must say. He really knows how to put his daughter in the most flattering of positions.

Please don't overlook the "sugar silos" they still use at this rustic establishment - truly a time capsule for my little soul.

Off to points unknown.

NLC

No comments: